Sunday, June 10, 2012

S&W 2206

Here is my newest toy. Although it's not a trophy piece like Model 41 or classic Woodsman but it was a some what rare and very well built piece. It's in exact spec with model 422 and 622 but in full stainless steel frame and slide. 36oz of solid steel for a 22lr. It really make this piece a laser pointer. Trigger is model after 41, so it travel short break crisp, though on the tough side. I have not yet had it measured, but it should be around 4-5 lbs. Since I got my hand on it, I have ram just under 1K rounds. Beside the dud rounds, it have not yet FTE once. And on that note, I will never buy any Remington golden bullet or Thunderbolt. They are the worst value/bulk 22lr ammo ever. Out of a box of 550rd Golden bullets, I got 26 duds. That means I loaded into my 2206, pull the trigger, firing pin had dropped and left imprint on the primer, but round did not get fired. To make sure the reliability of my new 2206 (thinking could of been light primer strikes), I loaded those duds into Ruger Make III and fired them again. 26 out of 26 did not fire after the second time. I tried 2 50rd boxes of Remington Thunderbolt and had 2 duds. No duds with 300rd of Federal and 100rd of Blazer so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment