Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Latest chapter on my toys



I have been busy the passed month. I traded my Glock 23 for Ruger GP100 and while the GP still in California 10 day gun jail, I made a trade with that GP for a Browning Hi Power (75C). I took it to the range and test fire few mags, I can shoot it close to my Glock, which is a task to beat for I have been shooting my Glock for a while and can get a decent 2" group in 25 feet.

Than, a week later, I found 3 deals that were too good to pass. A Steyr M40A1 (too many people telling me that it's "a Glock done right", so as a Glock fan I have to try it out), A Ruger Blackhawk 357/9mm conversion combo (come on, a single action revolver with 9mm conversion cylinder, I have to get it), and turn out to be my favor wheel gun (haven't fire it yet so it may change) a Ruger Security Six.

I haven't test fire any of 3 but I hope I can get some range time soon. My job is been adding some weekend hours on my schedule lately (I'm not complain for I nearly get fire/lay off just a month ago). But between my weekday job, school, weekend job and my girlfriend (who's not really into guns and shooting, it's kind of hard to find range time these days. What a pain in the butt, I'm really start to envy my east coast friend that live in middle of nowhere. He just go outside of his back yard, set some wooden target and can squeeze out as many round as he want. Unlike me, I have to drive close to 30 miles in LA traffic and pay $10 a day or $190 a year (which not too bad compare other range that I know) just so I can shoot a few round.

Ammo is getting ridiculous lately, I haven't been able to find any 22lr, 9, 40 or 38sp in any wal mart for 4 month now. Any other place who have ammo to sell just not offering the price I'm willing to pay. I only have few hundred rounds of 9 and 40 left, maybe a box of value pack of 22 and 100rd of 38sp. Who would ever guess Wal mart will run out of ammo?

This is enough for today, time to go to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment