Monday, March 1, 2010

Range trip

Last weekend I finally have a chance to take few toys to the range. Browning Hi Power, CZ75 SA, Steyr M40A1, Norinco Tokarev. Also the range officer know I not yet have a 1911 in my safe so he bring out a brand new in box Springfield GI out for me to be the first shooter before make it an official rental gun.

It was a blast. It's been a while since my last range trip thanks to the ammo shortage. I notice my shooting was a bit less accurate than the time before. With BHP and CZ, I was doing about 2~3 inch groups at distant of 10 yards. At my normal condition I should be doing 1~2 inch groups.

BTW, I'm still doing better with 40cal than 9mm. I have no idea why. But I was doing 1.5 inch group with Steyr M40A1 (which really is a compact size pistol).

It was also the 2nd time I take my Norinco out. I put about 100rd through it this time. And for the first time ever, it has a light primer strike. Not really a big deal for the gun was cheap AND the ammo is even cheaper. I got the ammo from online surplus. 1440 rounds for the price of $150 shipped straight to my house. you just can't beat deal like that.

The really important part of that range trip was with that SA 1911 GI. I was really disappointing with it. It's trigger wasn't what people crap out to be. The few 1911s I have shot (SA loaded, s&m, and RIA tactical) were much better in pretty much all areas. The trigger was terrible, light but long and with mushy break. And the GI sight was so bad, my Norinco Tok has even better stock sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment